A new feature we'd like to highlight each month: tasty, nutritious recipes that only have five ingredients* or less! These recipes are great for families and need fewer items stocked in the kitchen.
Our first recipe to highlight is the perfect way to warm up on those cold winter nights: Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup! Try it out and let us know what you think on our Facebook page.
Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen or canned mixed vegetables
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 cup cooked ground meat (beef or turkey)
- 1 and 1/4 cup noodles, such as spaghetti or rotini, uncooked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat water in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add vegetables and meat to water.
3. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
4. Add noodles and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Note: extra salt will increase the sodium content of the recipe.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 270 calories, 5 g fat, 410 mg sodium, 37 g total carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein
*Not including water, salt, or pepper.