If you are on the hunt for a healthier recipe, look for cooking methods that don’t require additional fat.
No Added Fat:
- Baking: To cook in an oven
- Grilling: To cook from direct heat that is below the food
- Broiling: To cook from direct heat that is above the food, typically in an oven or toaster oven.
Needs Added Fat:
- Frying: To cook by submerging at least part of the food in a skillet of fat
- Sautéing: To cook quickly over high heat with a little fat
- Stir-Frying: Similar to sautéing. In stir-frying, the food is constantly moved around by stirring or shaking the pan.
How to Measure Ingredients
Make sure your recipe turns out great every time by measuring your ingredients correctly.